CFAM JOINS…PCNE 2016 AN EXPERIENCE OF THE OUTPOURING MERCY OF GOD
I. OPENING REMARKS by Fr. Richard G. Ang OP, UST Vicar Rector –He pointed out the three important element of AWA w/c is MalasakitsaKapwa, Care and the Responsibility of each one to be witnesses of the love and compassion of God.
II. PERSPECTIVE SETTING: Rev.Fr. Jayson Laguerta, PCNE Director
Fr. Jayson led the assembly on the reflection on the Road to Emmaus with the following insights…What you STAND determine what you SEE…What you SEE determine what you ACT…What you ACT determine WHAT you THINK. He reflected on AWA through the story on the Road to Emmaus…UNAWA as in COMUNION –MISION of MERCY…GAWA – Ajourney to the heart of God.
We must have a Nuclear Vision-EPATHY – Overflowing tenderness of the Father.
May MERCY sa PCNE 3 sa UST!
III. FORMAL OPENING AND BLESSING…By His Eminence Luis Antonio G .Cardinal Tagle…
His Eminence accentuated that Jesus is alive, Jesus is with us, We must only engage with New Methods, New Expressions and New Fervor, His Word should be burning with us and let us have that
Eagerness to have an Encounter with the Lord, to be part of his living body…let this PCNE an Explosion of Mercy! An explosion of the redeeming Love, Mercy and Compassion. Let us take this challenge!
IV. HEART TO HEART WITH THE CARDINAL
We are moved by the sharing of personal stories of mercy by those who have been shown mercy or those engaged in the different works of mercy, Different stories with one common denominator…we realized how God loves us inspite of…How his mercy cannot be contain by us because his mercy is bigger than what we think.
SHARERS: 1.)Ms. Ma. Fatima “Girlie” Garcia Lorenzo of Kythe Foundation 2.)Ms. Maria Lina “Let let” Paulino, AngArkongPilipinas Inc. 3.)Ms. Rita Avila, Actress and Writer 4.)Ms. Melisa Cantiveros Francisco, Actress 5.) Mr. Ben Mendoza, Catholic Office for Emergency Relief and Refugees (COERR)
V. STRIKING LINES FROM SOME OF THE SHARERS…
- Ms. Maria Lina “Let let” Paulino ( ArkongPilipinas ) “God knows what we need”
- Ms. Ma. Fatima Garcia Lorenzo ( Kythe Foundation) “Saannanggagalinganglakasngmgabata? It is through Gods Healing presence , somehow it is the source of strength to others
- Ms.Rita Avila : ”Kinuha man sa akin angakinganakngayonalamkonamayroongisanganghelakosalangitnaanditolang at nagbabantaysa akin at Mahal pa rinakongDiyos”
- Ms. Melisa “Melai” Cantiveros Francisco “ God works in mysterious way”
- Mr. Ben Mendoza (COERR) “ Lets think of our brothers and sisters who are in the Refugee Camp they are struggling and they usually ask When will it end their plight for freedom?”
V. AN AFTERNOON OF REFLECTION…
A STOPOVER ON THE FATHERS INTENSE LOVE AND MERCY…
- The Scandalous Mercy of God, A theological and musical reflection on the parable of the Prodigal Son by Fr. Manoling Francisco, SJ – Professor of Loyola School of Theology
- Important points of the parable…The attitude of Dissipation…NaaalalalangangAmadahil me makukuhasaAma…The attitude of the younger Son…When and through whom did I experience Gods unconditional love and mercy?
- He has him back safe and sound! The Father pleaded for him…When did I feel shortchanged by God, my family, school parish or friends? Sometimes we are like the eldest son, We also ask Where are my fatted calf? The Father replied “Your brother is dead and has come to life”
- The Fathers love is intangible- it’s a grace, freely given and unconditional love for sinner or saint. calf and feast are tangible. Who does God love more?
- From the words of St. Francis Xavier “We love and served because we are moved to do so.”
To love beyond hates and disappointments.
- Fr. Manoling Francisco concluded by raising the question…At this point of my life which of the three I am identified?
VI. MISA NG BAYANG PILIPINO AND SENDING OFF FOR WYD DELEGATES…
Giving praise and thanksgiving to “Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno” the Filipino Icon of the Mercy of the Father through the devotion to “Nazareno”…The entrance of the image of Jesus Christ as “Jesus Nazareno“
- From the homily of His Eminence Cardinal ChitoTagle…Everytime we saw the cross of Jesus, it is the triumph of the cross in the image of “Nazareno” Ito ay pag-asahindinanatilisiHesussakrus, Siya ay nabuhaynamagmuli, lumalapittayokayHesusNazarenosapagkathindiniyatayopababayaan, Angkrus din ay sagisagngpagkadapa, parusaparasamgaalipin, krusnasagisagngpagkatalo. Saisangbanda ay sagisagrinnglakasmulasaDiyosnapunonghabag at awa, angDiyosnawalanghangadkundiangmagligtas. AngtaokatuladngpanahonniHesus ay nainip, nakalimotsa kilos ngDiyos. AngpagrerebeldesaDiyos ay naguumpisasapagkainip at paglimot at ito ay nangyayarikapagpunong-punonatayongsarili. AngDiyoshindimakakatiisnamalugmoksakasalananangkanyangbayan, kaya isinugoangkanyanganak, (Juan 3:16). PaanoipinakitaniHesusangpag-ibigngAma? Sapamamagitanng “Kenosis” emptying of self, niyakapniyaangpagigingalipin, hanggangkamatayansakrus out of love!
People nowadays move to Individualism that alienates other people “ I don’t care” but Jesus cares ,Unawasapagpasokniyasaatingmundo , We have a compassionate high priest.
You can`t demand right, hubarinnatinangpagkamakasarilinanagiginghadlangsaatingpangunawa, nawa Makita natinangatingsarilisaatingkapwa, sakanilangpagsisikap at pagbagsak.
- SENDING OFF for the Youth delegates to the 2016 World Youth Day in Krakow Poland around 150 youth delegates
That concluded the First Day of the Conference
BY: LITA G. MACTAL (CFAM-RPO)